Feb 9, 2010

The Ups and Downs - Clearly Frustrated

So, thanks to the snow and the wind and the rain, the university has been closed and the nice little schedule I've been on has just kind of dwindled away. Not to mention I got a new micro-plush blanket that's literally heaven, as you can see, it's become difficult to get off my bed and into my chair where I can effectively type rhythmically away to produce some form of creative literature worthy of a manuscript.

You see, I have all of these ideas floating in my head, but the moment I go to pick up a pen or paper to jot those ideas down... they DISSIPATE into thin air! Then I'm left staring at a blank sheet of paper in a hair pulling, brain fart. AGH, it drives me crazy!

ALSO, due to lack of funds in my poor bank account I have not read a single book and there are so many new books out that I am just dying to get my hands on, but I just can't get them. The university library is a dead zone for references and non-fiction. Don't get me wrong! I love a good reference book or non-fiction... when I'm doing a research paper, not so much when I simply want a good read. Why not go to the public library, you say? Well, I have no car on campus thanks to loving and protective parents who agree that my driving abilities at the moment are far from perfection (i may be a danger on the roads) therefore, I walk everywhere! It's great exercise yet compared to William Wordsworth who'd walk 75 miles around Tintern Abbey, he'd squish me if we raced.

Anyways, the public library is a ways away from the school and I don't think many people would be able to see a 4'7 girl as she crosses the roads. I'd be road kill. OR someone would snap a picture and report a missing child alert and oh what hell that would bring. The comedic effect would be GREAT mainly cause my parents would say this, "Our daughter is 20, how can she be a missing child?" I'd probably laugh to.

So...books.. my love!! Non-existent (like my love-life) for the moment anyways.

I haven't even written a single page of the manuscript because I keep on changing my mind when it concerns the plot. How do author's do it? How do other writers get their stories down? I'm clearly in a state of writer's block...that evil little bug has found it's way into my mind. I can just see it laughing at my misery...

well... at least I got company.....

No comments:

Post a Comment