Tips for aspiring writers: MAKE A WRITING SCHEDULE & STICK TO IT
The "stick to it" will probably be the hardest part, but I found when you make it a priority to write, and to keep an ear out for inspiring things throughout the day you really do have some great ammunition for whatever you are writing. I took what most of those writing sites suggested and walk around campus with a notebook in my bag, hands ready to write bits and pieces of interesting conversation or scenery or just things that interest me in general. It works like you wouldn't believe!
Still, the most important part about all of this is the beginning of my project(s). Chasing Wonderland is the title of this fictional/romance that I have been thinking about for the past few days. It has Asian (Korean) background and I post it on Soompi.com in their forums section. This is done purely for my entertainment and satisfaction. It's a challenge to work on my ability to write in First Person Point of View (p.o.v)which I hope will help me in the official name for my 2010 Manuscript Challenge: Deare Noir.
I've written quite a few things over the past few years and as I read them I realize that I am not very strong when it comes to first person p.o.v thus the exercise challenge. I am excited about Deare Noir though. It's title alone was the cause for this blog though my first blog was initially going to be just about my Manuscript Challenge, I figured why not have a blog for all my work? All of my frustrations? Doubts and high points in writing? Those are my "black" moments and that's when I stumbled upon the french word "noir" and immediately fell in love.
For some reason, the sound, the meaning of this word is fascinating to me. It's odd, isn't it? To love a word that means "black" but I truly believe that it's the dark moments in life that can bring you up and make you stronger. I'm in an odd writer's rut which I hope to get out of with this challenge and thank you to all my friends and family who have been so encouraging.
I'm getting back to what I love.
Ps: Thank you Bokheim Publishing for following this somewhat strange adventure. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment