Jan 31, 2010

Quiet Obsessions - Installment 1

I'm an avid reader on Soompi, well, I was back in high school and have once again fallen in love with their Fanfics section which has some truly gifted writers. It has been nearly 2 years since I've posted on Soompi or read any recent stories as I have grown out of the "fan"fic stage. However, there are exceptions such as the non-celeb featuring stories which are amazingly well written.

Among some of my favorite writers like, Thao, dearskye, Moe, Aziraphale and kpopchild there are others who have captivated me in their stories such as HiroLovesMeia, a GUY no less, who is the author of Fists and Lipsticks, Fists and Lipsticks 2: The Silver Crescent, and my most current obsession: Vena Cava. It is an excellent read, though just 4 chapters in, you can just imagine what unique twists and turns Hiro has in store for us.

There must be something, some Grammy equivalent for these talented people who no doubt are the inspiration and aspirations of young writers on the forum. In this internet world, the above names and others are the cream of the crop, their works circulate just like books with readers from all over responding in the quickest of ways. This is a very intimate world despite what others believe. This kind of "fan"fiction/fiction(s) has created an outlet for lovers of asian pop and culture. It was my introduction to a world where you could write a story, post it online and get feedback.

I admit there are stories that fall through the cracks and it does take awhile to find a good story to read and then there's the chance that the author could lose inspiration in the middle of the story and the story is ended prematurely which is truly disappointing. Yet, even with those risks as a writer and a reader, this is a world I am very proud to say I am a part of. My writer's soul takes pleasure in the scanning for interesting titles to read as I anticipate updates and new chapters and comment etc.

For now though, I will list my most current obsessions (in no particular order):

1.) Vena Cava by HiroLovesMeia
2.) Welcome to the Underworld by Con.template
3.) Terra Firma by L-live
4.) A Drifter's Paradise by Thao
5.) Say You Love Me by Aziraphale

They are a wonder to read, their worlds let me dive into them as I experience in the most amazing of ways another reality. If there is a better way of escape, I do not know it. But I do know that within these stories, I have the possibility to explore worlds and meet people who do more than impact my life....these fictional characters along with their writers take me on some of the most amazing rides of my life.

I give lots of love, thanks and encouragement to all of these writers. You give me something reasonable to obsess about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment