Jan 7, 2010

A Frustrated Writer

I am a writer. I was born to write. I breathe and eat and sleep words, similes, metaphors, hyperboles and all kinds of figurative language to find beauty in the art that I perform best in. I think for a writer, one of my biggest problems is getting Writer's Block which I swear needs to be a real disease. It's so annoying! How do you get over it? I don't know how other writers do it, but I'd love to find a way to keep inspiration flowing.

See, with this new year just beginning, I figured I'd start a blog about writing a novel. It's been my dream to be a YA (Young Adult) Novelist, it's been my dream to just get a book published, but aside from random rants, short mini stories, blurbs and poetry, I've never been able to pin a good plot. I've tried and I've tried but each trial ended in a terrible ending and I'm done with just playing around with this idea. I figured, why not let the wonderful people of the world wide web help me on this endeavor, you know.

So, starting today for the next 365 days, I am on a journey to finish my first manuscript ever for my first book. Whether or not I can get it published, well, we'll just have to see, but I hope that through this experiment I will find my voice in literature and find a meaning to my life. Think of this as a 20-year-old's way of transitioning into adult-hood. Writing has always been my escape, my hope, my first love...so maybe it'll help me grow some more into becoming the woman I'm meant to be.

It's gonna be a crazy mess, but that's life, right? One crazy mess right after the other. See you at the end of 365 days.

xoxo, beckie.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your story!

    The Bokheim Chu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bokheim Chu for acknowledging me, this blog, this challenge. I promise you a crazy ride, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete